SOUTH EUCLID, Ohio (WJW) — UPDATE: South Euclid police officers have found the owner of a dog ‘covered in pink paint’ that was found wandering around Notre Dame College Sunday morning.
According to a Facebook post Monday, police erroneously reported that the animal was malnourished. The dog’s owner, reunited with the pet, explained that was the correct weight for its breed.
The paint was also discovered to be a non-harmful vegan hair dye.
PREVIOUS POST 9/13/2020: South Euclid police are investigating after a dog was found malnourished and covered in pink paint.
According to the department’s Facebook post, Notre Dame College students spotted the animal near College Road this morning.
It is now in the care of police. Attempts have been made to remove the paint.
Officers are working to track down the personal responsible for harming the dog.
“We would like to hold the individuals who did this accountable, and reunite the dog with their original owner (provided of course the original owner isn’t the person(s) who painted and malnourished the dog).”
Anyone with information is asked to email JDiLillo@sepolice.us.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- I-TEAM: Sex offenders released due to COVID-19 have been ordered back to Cuyahoga County Jail
- Fox 8 Jukebox: The Weeden Family Singers
- After this week, you’ll be one step closer to a $1,400 stimulus check
- South Carolina man wanted after taking selfie with John C. Calhoun statue during Capitol riot
- NFL Conference Championship betting tips: Bet now or bet later?