(WJW) – Summit Mall in Fairlawn and Aurora Premium Outlets will not be open Thanksgiving Day.
The malls are several across the state of Ohio owned by Simon.
Simon announced this week its businesses will not be open on Thanksgiving.
“In these challenging times, we made the decision that we will not open on Thanksgiving Day, instead allowing our associates to spend the holiday with their loved ones,” said David Simon, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of Simon. Simon properties will reopen on Black Friday.
Several stores, including Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Kohl’s, have announced they will not be open on Thanksgiving.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Can Cookie save the season? Cleveland Indians need a win tonight to keep the season alive
- ‘I am woman’ singer Helen Reddy dies at 78
- Clouds, wind, and rain; cooler air pushes in tomorrow
- From ‘Will you shut up man?’ to ‘Everyone knows he’s a liar,’ first presidential debate goes off the rails
- Hillary Clinton responds to ‘would you shut up, man’ moment at presidential debate