SOLON, Ohio (WJW) – The Solon Police Department is investigating a former teacher with the Solon City School District.
There are reports the teacher had inappropriate interactions with students.
The district is not saying where the teacher was employed at the time. The following statement was given to FOX 8 News from Solon Schools on Tuesday:
We take the safety and well-being of all our students – past and present – very seriously. The district always adheres to its legal and ethical responsibilities to fully investigate all allegations and report findings to the proper state and local authorities as appropriate. We are unable to speak about an ongoing police investigation. At the same time, we encourage anyone with material information to contact the Solon Police Department.
On the Solon Police Facebook page, the department issued a call to potential victims.
They’re asking anyone who feels they have been a victim or witness to call detectives.
Detectives tell FOX 8 it is an ongoing investigation and nothing further can be shared at this time.
If you know anything that can help police, call (440)337-1463.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Teacher locked substitute out of classroom after he attacked students, police say
- Cleveland police officer resigns amid allegations of ethics violations
- Wintertime feel: Overnight snow flurries possible followed by cold temps in the morning
- Local business owners optimistic for end of Ohio’s coronavirus health orders
- Family grieving loss attributed to ‘COVID psychosis’