COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW) — About 50 soldiers from the Ohio Army National Guard are getting ready for deployment in support of U.S. European Command.
A special ceremony was held in their honor on Sunday. In person attendance was limited due to the pandemic, so the public was invited to watch online instead.
The soldiers are members of the 174th Air Defense Artillery Brigade based out of Columbus.
The unit previously deployed to Germany in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve in 2018.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Medical study reveals whether or not it is safe to wear masks
- Cooler temps return for Thursday with another warm up to follow
- Cavaliers hand Rockets ninth straight loss, 112-96
- New coronavirus variant identified in New York
- Copley police officer hailed a hero for saving choking boy in school cafeteria