COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW) — About 50 soldiers from the Ohio Army National Guard are getting ready for deployment in support of U.S. European Command.
A special ceremony was held in their honor on Sunday. In person attendance was limited due to the pandemic, so the public was invited to watch online instead.
The soldiers are members of the 174th Air Defense Artillery Brigade based out of Columbus.
The unit previously deployed to Germany in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve in 2018.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Plane crashed at Wadsworth Municipal Airport, emergency crews on scene
- Photos: Trailblazing SpaceX tourist trip to orbit ends with splashdown
- Police: ‘Grease’ actor arrested after throwing plates, food at deputies in restaurant
- What you need to know about over-the-counter COVID-19 tests
- Flight attendant promises to ‘be annoying’ about mask requirement in viral video