LAKE COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) — The Lake Humane Society is reporting some uplifting news about a dog who suffered a heatstroke back in August.
Penny was found chained up outside with no food, water or shelter. When she was taken to the vet, she could barely stand and had trouble breathing. She was also diagnosed with some other medical issues.
Since then, she has had leg surgery to fix her right hind leg.
“Penny is currently on 6 weeks of rest to allow her leg time to heal properly. Throughout her recovery, she will have physical therapy exercises and wear ankle braces to strengthen her legs,” the shelter explained in a post on Facebook.
Staff also shared an adorable photo of her sleeping peacefully. They said once her leg has healed, she will be spayed and eventually put up for adoption.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- LIVE: Massive line forms outside Cuyahoga County Board of Elections for early voting
- Live: Pres. Trump, Biden to hold campaign events in battleground states
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Navy: ‘Aircrew did not survive’ crash in Alabama neighborhood
- Communities across Northeast Ohio taking part in National Prescription Drug Take Back Day