According to Cleveland Water, customers in Highland Heights, Richmond Heights, Lyndhurst, South Euclid, Mayfield, Mayfield Heights, and Gates Mills should boil their water before using or use bottled water. “Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, and food preparation until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms in the water,” Cleveland Water said.
The 54-inch water main break is on Highland Road and has closed a portion of that area. On the Richmond Heights Police Department’s Facebook account, people were advised to use an alternative route for the stretch of Highland between Trebisky Road toward Hillcrest Drive.
Stay with FOX 8 News and FOX8.com for more updates.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Flying in extreme heat: When is it too hot for takeoff?
- ‘Prayer. Power. Purpose.’ Church plans protest for Akron shooting
- NY overhauls handgun rules in wake of Supreme Court ruling, bans firearms in ‘sensitive places’
- SEE IT: ‘Vintage’ Burger King restaurant found behind wall at Delaware mall
- Mild temps with low humidity; Heat returns July 4th