According to Cleveland Water, customers in Highland Heights, Richmond Heights, Lyndhurst, South Euclid, Mayfield, Mayfield Heights, and Gates Mills should boil their water before using or use bottled water. “Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, and food preparation until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms in the water,” Cleveland Water said.
The 54-inch water main break is on Highland Road and has closed a portion of that area. On the Richmond Heights Police Department’s Facebook account, people were advised to use an alternative route for the stretch of Highland between Trebisky Road toward Hillcrest Drive.
Stay with FOX 8 News and FOX8.com for more updates.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Pres. Trump, Biden to hold campaign events in battleground states
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Navy: ‘Aircrew did not survive’ crash in Alabama neighborhood
- Communities across Northeast Ohio taking part in National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Eagle recovering after being hit by vehicle in Erie County, deputies say