CLEVELAND-- The late Senator George Voinovich will be remembered at a special ceremony in Cleveland on Thursday.
The 79-year-old former Cleveland mayor, Ohio governor and U.S. senator, passed away on Sunday at his Collinwood home.
He will be Lying in State in the Cleveland City Hall Rotunda on Thursday. Viewing will be open to the public from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. At 2 p.m., the viewing will end and a program to honor Voinovich will begin.
***You can watch Thursday's ceremony right here on FOX8.com and on our Facebook page***
Speakers at the ceremony include Governor John Kasich, Senator Rob Portman and Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine.
The City of Cleveland encourages the public to use RTA if they are going to the ceremony. RTA says from Public Square, customers can board the free B-Line Trolley in front of the Jack Casino and ride directly to Cleveland City Hall. The trolley operates from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For bus route and scheduling information, please visit www.riderta.com or call 216-621-9500.
Please be aware of the following street closures on Thursday:
- Intermittent closure of Lakeside Avenue at Ontario Street at 10:00 am.
- Intermittent closure of Lakeside Avenue at East 9th Street at 10:00 am.
- Closure of East 6th Street at Lakeside Avenue and St. Clair Avenue at 10:00 am
- Full closure of Lakeside Avenue at 12:00 pm. Traffic can use East 9th Street to access
- Willard garage for Business at City Hall. All other traffic routed to St. Clair Avenue to continue westbound or eastbound.
Voinovich will be laid to rest on Friday. Burial services are for family and close friends.