The event began at 2 p.m. and featured several student speakers from Hilltop, the middle school and the high school.
Organizers say they are gathering to support their students’ hopes and expectations for the school system.
The event is open to the public, however attendees were required to wear a mask the entire time and practice social distancing. Households were asked to stand together.
Community members were encouraged to bring a blanket to sit on the turf or plan to stand for the 45-minute rally. Chairs are not permitted on the turf.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX 8:
- 200M pounds of toxic chemicals dumped into US waterways in 2020: analysis
- ‘Devastating to catastrophic’: Model shows destruction by hurricane-force winds
- I-Promise parents can now get two years of free college
- After surviving freeway crossing, wildfire, treatable disease killed this ‘interesting cat’
- Marshals arrest man accused of knocking out woman’s teeth after marijuana dispute