The event began at 2 p.m. and featured several student speakers from Hilltop, the middle school and the high school.
Organizers say they are gathering to support their students’ hopes and expectations for the school system.
The event is open to the public, however attendees were required to wear a mask the entire time and practice social distancing. Households were asked to stand together.
Community members were encouraged to bring a blanket to sit on the turf or plan to stand for the 45-minute rally. Chairs are not permitted on the turf.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX 8:
- Senators updated on fast-track COVID-19 vaccine program
- House coronavirus panel examines medical companies’ concerns over PPE shortages
- Cuyahoga County among several in Ohio under Level 3 for coronavirus risk
- I-TEAM: What police choppers saw during the riots in downtown Cleveland
- Ohio Department of Health reports 1,301 new coronavirus cases