Trump is expected to visit his brother Friday in New York, a source familiar with the matter told CNN.
“Can confirm the report that the President’s brother is hospitalized,” deputy press secretary Judd Deere told CNN.
During a White House briefing on Friday, Trump declined to provide reporters with details on his brother’s illness.
“I have a wonderful brother. We have a great relationship for a long time, from day one, so long time ago. And he’s in the hospital right now,” Trump said when asked what ailed his brother.
“Hopefully he’ll be alright, but he’s — he’s pretty — he’s having a hard time,” he added.
Robert Trump was previously hospitalized in the spring with a serious condition.
A senior administration official said Friday that the President “has a very good relationship with his brother and his brother is very special to him.”
The news was first reported by ABC News.
Robert Trump was a former top executive at the Trump Organization. He’s one of four other siblings to the President, including the late Fred Trump, Jr.
In June, Robert Trump filed a temporary restraining order in an attempt to block the publication of an unflattering tell-all book by Mary Trump, the daughter of Fred Trump.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Can my employer ask if I have received the COVID-19 vaccine? What you need to know
- Local officer sues Ohio State Highway Patrol for civil rights violations following arrest
- Weekend forecast: Sunshine and warm temps
- 14-year-old Ohio boy charged with reckless homicide in death of 11-year-old
- Man jams thumb into alligator’s eye to save his dog after hearing ‘death cry’