Trump is expected to visit his brother Friday in New York, a source familiar with the matter told CNN.
“Can confirm the report that the President’s brother is hospitalized,” deputy press secretary Judd Deere told CNN.
During a White House briefing on Friday, Trump declined to provide reporters with details on his brother’s illness.
“I have a wonderful brother. We have a great relationship for a long time, from day one, so long time ago. And he’s in the hospital right now,” Trump said when asked what ailed his brother.
“Hopefully he’ll be alright, but he’s — he’s pretty — he’s having a hard time,” he added.
Robert Trump was previously hospitalized in the spring with a serious condition.
A senior administration official said Friday that the President “has a very good relationship with his brother and his brother is very special to him.”
The news was first reported by ABC News.
Robert Trump was a former top executive at the Trump Organization. He’s one of four other siblings to the President, including the late Fred Trump, Jr.
In June, Robert Trump filed a temporary restraining order in an attempt to block the publication of an unflattering tell-all book by Mary Trump, the daughter of Fred Trump.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- ‘MAGA Patriot Party’ files with FEC; Trump team says it’s not affiliated
- What to expect as Winter Weather Advisory hits Northeast Ohio through Tuesday morning
- Biden restricts travel from 26 European countries
- Disneyland & Disney World to revamp Jungle Cruise, remove ‘negative depictions’ of Indigenous people
- Report: HBO Max developing a ‘Harry Potter’ TV series