CLEVELAND (WJW) – The Diocese of Greensburg, Pennsylvania announced Thursday morning that Bishop Edward C. Malesic had been appointed the next bishop of the Diocese of Cleveland by Pope Francis.
Bishop Malesic was introduced at a press conference Thursday morning. He then celebrated noon Mass at the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist.
Bishop Malesic will be the 12th Bishop of the Diocese of Cleveland.
He’s from Pennsylvania and had been with the Diocese in Greensburg since 2015.
Bishop Malesic takes the place of Bishop Nelson Perez.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Is your Amazon Black Friday purchase a good deal? This tool will tell you if the price has been lower
- Ohio electoral votes certified for President Trump
- Disney to lay off 4,000 more at California, Florida parks
- Brunswick officers honored for saving the life of a man who crashed car during a chase
- Wanted: Amherst police look for person who sprayed drive-thru worker in the face