Editor’s Note: The video above is more on a search for teen armed robbery suspects in Akron.
AKRON, Ohio (WJW) – Akron police are investigating a deadly stabbing that happened Tuesday.
Officers responded to the 700 block of Euclid Ave. around 6 p.m.
According to a press release, police found a 41-year-old woman lying in front of a home with a stab wound to the chest. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.
She’s been identified as Kelly Avery.
After developing information, officers located the suspect at a nearby home. The suspect, identified as Cher Wagner, 33, was arrested.
Investigators believe Wagner stabbed the victim during a dispute. She has been charged with murder and was taken to the Summit County Jail.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Dolphin rescued from pond after being trapped by Hurricane Laura surge
- It’s Week 5 of Friday Night Touchdown: Vote for Game of the Week
- Jose Ramírez homers, Indians close in on playoffs in win over White Sox
- Denny Hamlin, Michael Jordan partner on NASCAR team for Bubba Wallace
- Suspect in custody in Struthers shooting that left 4-year-old boy dead