Editor’s Note: The video above is more on a search for teen armed robbery suspects in Akron.
AKRON, Ohio (WJW) – Akron police are investigating a deadly stabbing that happened Tuesday.
Officers responded to the 700 block of Euclid Ave. around 6 p.m.
According to a press release, police found a 41-year-old woman lying in front of a home with a stab wound to the chest. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.
She’s been identified as Kelly Avery.
After developing information, officers located the suspect at a nearby home. The suspect, identified as Cher Wagner, 33, was arrested.
Investigators believe Wagner stabbed the victim during a dispute. She has been charged with murder and was taken to the Summit County Jail.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Winds chills in the teens overnight
- Heavy snow damages outdoor seating area at Little Italy restaurant
- Solon tries to provide help during power outages, bitter cold and pandemic
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- City of Cleveland reports 269 more confirmed COVID-19 cases