Hannah Braun, 28, of Pinellas County, went to her neighbor’s house at 2 a.m. on Tuesday, detectives said.
According to an arrest affidavit, Braun opened the front door and attempted to take the child out of the neighbor’s arms. According to the St. Petersburg Police Department, a struggle ensued and the parent of the child was able to get away from Braun and contact authorities.
Police say Braun also left her child at home alone during the attempted kidnapping. When police were able to get in contact with the child, the child told police “she lost her mommy” and was scared.
Police say Braun did not cooperate with officers and did not provide a post Miranda statement.
No information was provided on Braun’s alleged motive for wanting to kidnap her neighbor’s child.
She faces charges of attempted kidnapping, burglary with assault or battery, child abuse, and two counts of neglect of a child without great bodily harm and is in jail on $145,000 bond.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Better without Odell Beckham Jr.? Stats say maybe; Baker Mayfield disagrees
- Big tech CEOs grilled in Senate hearing
- Woman questions accuracy of coronavirus count after letters from Summit County Public Health
- Man charged for allegedly assaulting 84-year-old during dispute over Joe Biden sign, deputies say
- MLB investigating Dodgers’ Justin Turner for violating COVID-19 protocol after World Series win