According to the Cleveland Division of Police, the incident occurred near W. 6th Street and Johnson Court around 2 a.m.
Police say the suspect fired shots at the officers before fleeing in a dark gray Chevy Silverado. No officers were injured.
No arrests have been made and the shooting remains under investigation.
This is a developing story. FOX 8 will provide more information as it becomes available.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX 8 NEWS:
- I-TEAM: More than 100 businesses seeking financial aid from Cleveland following riots
- Texas governor issues statewide mask order to help combat COVID-19
- Cleveland schools considering remote learning, hybrid options for fall
- Why fireworks cause stress for pets and what you can do to help them cope
- Canton police asking for public’s help finding missing 13-year-old girl