COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) – Haskell Garrett, 22, was injured during a shooting near the Ohio State campus, early Sunday morning.
The Columbus Division of Police says officers found a trail of blood and a shell casing near the 400 block of Chittenden Avenue around 12:28 a.m.
The trail led officers to the 40 block of East 11th Avenue where 22-year-old Haskell Garrett was found, according to police.
Police state that the victim was shot in the cheeks of his face. Medics transported the victim to the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center in stable condition.
Garrett, a senior from Las Vegas, is a defensive lineman for the Buckeyes.
Police continue to investigate the incident. Anyone with information regarding this shooting is asked to contact Columbus Police Felony Assault Detective Stubblefield at 614-645-4141.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- FDA advisory panel rejects widespread Pfizer booster shots
- Pentagon says August drone strike in Afghanistan that killed 10 including children was ‘tragic mistake’
- ‘I wish I said bye to my dad’: Teen loses mom months after dad, sister die from COVID-19
- Mark your calendar: When you can see Ohio’s fall leaves at their peak
- COVID calculator: Group develops tool to estimate person’s chance of getting virus