COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) – Haskell Garrett, 22, was injured during a shooting near the Ohio State campus, early Sunday morning.
The Columbus Division of Police says officers found a trail of blood and a shell casing near the 400 block of Chittenden Avenue around 12:28 a.m.
The trail led officers to the 40 block of East 11th Avenue where 22-year-old Haskell Garrett was found, according to police.
Police state that the victim was shot in the cheeks of his face. Medics transported the victim to the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center in stable condition.
Garrett, a senior from Las Vegas, is a defensive lineman for the Buckeyes.
Police continue to investigate the incident. Anyone with information regarding this shooting is asked to contact Columbus Police Felony Assault Detective Stubblefield at 614-645-4141.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Charges pending after woman sets hotel dumpster fire to get rid of ‘snakes’, Westlake police report
- 100-year-old nun known for praying for all at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center contracts COVID-19
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 10,835 new cases, 156 new deaths reported
- Beachwood Place puts new security measure in place to detect weapons
- Judge orders attorneys, adviser to explain bailout bill work