STRONGSVILLE, Ohio (WJW) — Police in Strongsville said in a Facebook post early Tuesday that an 8-year-old boy reported missing Monday from a hotel was found “deceased.”
In a news release Tuesday morning, police said, sadly, the child — Christopher Johnson– was found in the hotel pool.
Christopher was first reported missing around 2:45 p.m. Monday from the Holiday Inn on Royalton Road. He had only been missing about 25 minutes at that time. In a Facebook post on the department’s page, police said the child had disabilities.
Strongsville police said multiple agencies responded to assist in locating the child and that all available personnel searched the facility and surrounding area. The incident remains under investigation.
“Please extend your thoughts and prayers to his family,” police said in an updated post on Facebook early Tuesday.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- The Terminator is coming: Packers prepare for Aaron Donald
- ‘God put me there’: Man runs toward fiery crash, saves driver on highway
- Cavs games at Washington postponed, Wizards don’t have enough players
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Mega Millions and Powerball: Lottery players have chance at jackpots worth combined $1.3 billion