EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW)– The US Marshals Service has now joined the investigation into the shooting of an 8-year-old girl in East Cleveland.
Police earlier said they’ve identified a 17-year-old in the shooting of the child.
It happened Sunday night in the parking lot at 1846 Forest Hills Blvd. Police say around 8:30 p.m. officers responded to the area.
The child is in intensive care. Police say they know who shot the girl but police have not named him, only saying he is 17 years old.
They are asking for the public’s help. Call (216)681-2162 if you have any information on the shooting.
There is a $2500 reward for information leading to an arrest.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Ohio to stop federal $300-a-week unemployment benefits
- ‘No need to panic’: White House says things will be back to normal now that Colonial Pipeline is back online
- Woman assaulted with meat at South Euclid Walmart
- CDC: People who are vaccinated do not need to wear masks inside in most places
- Gina DeJesus carjacked at gunpoint: I-Team