EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW)– The US Marshals Service has now joined the investigation into the shooting of an 8-year-old girl in East Cleveland.
Police earlier said they’ve identified a 17-year-old in the shooting of the child.
It happened Sunday night in the parking lot at 1846 Forest Hills Blvd. Police say around 8:30 p.m. officers responded to the area.
The child is in intensive care. Police say they know who shot the girl but police have not named him, only saying he is 17 years old.
They are asking for the public’s help. Call (216)681-2162 if you have any information on the shooting.
There is a $2500 reward for information leading to an arrest.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Cleveland’s Own Dr. Oz saves man’s life at the airport
- ‘His violations are among the worst’: Man loses hunting privileges for life in 48 states after poaching spree
- Fleeing driver flips off of ramp in Brunswick
- 10 rockets target base with U.S. troops in Iraq
- Suspect in East Cleveland chase crashes into power pole