EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW)– The US Marshals Service has now joined the investigation into the shooting of an 8-year-old girl in East Cleveland.
Police earlier said they’ve identified a 17-year-old in the shooting of the child.
It happened Sunday night in the parking lot at 1846 Forest Hills Blvd. Police say around 8:30 p.m. officers responded to the area.
The child is in intensive care. Police say they know who shot the girl but police have not named him, only saying he is 17 years old.
They are asking for the public’s help. Call (216)681-2162 if you have any information on the shooting.
There is a $2500 reward for information leading to an arrest.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- As Kent prepares for Halloween, residents skeptical people will comply with COVID-19 ordinance
- Expect a rainy start to your week in Northeast Ohio
- 52 new coronavirus cases reported in Cleveland Sunday
- Halloween goes on at the White House during the pandemic with a few twists
- 3 suspects wanted after car, credit cards stolen from 72-year-old man whose wife is at Cleveland Clinic