ROCKY RIVER, Ohio — Residents and train lovers in Rocky River were taken back to the days of steam power Sunday.
The Fort Wayne steam locomotive No. 765 was in town, operating trips for the public. It departed Rocky River and was to head to Bellevue on a round trip.
The locomotive was built for the Nickel Plate Road in 1944 and operated trains between Chicago and Fort Wayne until 1958. It later underwent an intense, five-year renovation effort costing around $750,000.
It now is used, in part, for public trips.
Click the photo gallery above to see photos taken from today’s trip.