CLEVELAND (WJW) — Kicking off the spooky holiday with a bang, the Littlest Heroes Pediatric Cancer Foundation hosted its first Halloween 5K run and 1 mile trick or treat walk this morning at Edgewater Park.
The event, which started at 9 a.m., allowed participants to dress up as their favorite superhero and even offered candy stations throughout the course.
The event raised money for The Littlest Heroes, which offers financial aid to families whose children have been diagnosed with cancer.
“We are blessed as an organization to have the opportunity every year to assist thousands of families as they battle pediatric cancer,” The Littlest Heroes Executive Director Jon Kozesky said in a statement.
The group did not let COVID-19 stand in their way of raising money, with this event replacing its planned annual gala.
Reportedly 200 people attended today’s event.
See the photos below:
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Warm, muggy weekend continues with chance of Sunday showers
- Indians rally in 9th, top Mariners on throwing error in 10th
- VIDEO: Man proposes to girlfriend among prehistoric creatures at ‘Dino Stroll’ event
- Payment dates released for advanced child tax credit
- Police search for woman allegedly involved in attempted theft at Walmart in Madison Township