PERRY VILLAGE, Ohio (WJW)– The Village of Perry Police Department is mourning the death of retired K-9 Loreto.
Loreto started his training with partner Lt. Michael Collins in September 2007, and was sworn in as an officer two months later.
Perry Police Chief Troy Hager called the K-9 a fixture of the Perry Local School District as a resource officer and mascot.
Following his retirement in 2017, he became a family dog.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Who should be the FNTD Game of the Week #10 winner? Vote in our poll
- Below normal temps, wet conditions continue Tuesday
- ‘Some don’t want to be told to stay home’: Contact tracing resistance reported
- Students learning at new outdoor classroom in Beachwood
- Ohio politicians weigh in on Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation to Supreme Court