**For recent changes to the menu at Taco Bell, watch the video below.
DALLAS (NEXSTAR) — When you think Panera, soup, salad and sandwiches likely come to mind. But the company hopes to change that — at least in some circles — by offering one of America’s favorite foods: pizza.
The popular restaurant is offering up pizza as flatbread fare. Its new pizzas include cheese, Margherita and chipotle chicken and bacon. Panera says the flatbreads will be big enough to share and should travel well.
The chain says it’s making the move in response to more people taking its food for carryout and delivery. The company says it’s seen delivery orders double over the last few months, so adding pizza just makes sense.
“We believe that flatbread pizza is a perfect fit for those channels,” Eduardo Luz, Panera’s chief brand and concept officer, said in a news release.
Panera started testing the menu last year after feedback on its traditional menu that food offerings weren’t always hearty enough for an evening meal.
The flatbreads will start at $7.99.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Hummer with 4 containers of gas inside bursts into flames after filling up at Florida gas station
- Ohio to stop federal $300-a-week unemployment benefits
- ‘No need to panic’: White House says things will be back to normal now that Colonial Pipeline is back online
- Woman assaulted with meat at South Euclid Walmart
- CDC: People who are vaccinated do not need to wear masks inside in most places