RILEY TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WJW) — Monday afternoon, the Ohio State Highway Patrol was called to investigate the site of a fatal, two-vehicle crash.
The incident happened at the intersection of SR 510 and CR 247 in Sandusky County around 1:30 p.m.
According to OSHP, the driver of a Ford Escape drove through a stop sign while the driver of a Chevy Malibu was headed south on SR 510. The cars collided, ran off the road and ricocheted into a building and utility pole.
The 44-year-old woman driving the Escape, who was alone in her vehicle, “sustained a serious injury,” OSHP said, and was taken to Firelands Regional Medical Center.
Both people in the Malibu were killed.
Mary Zimmerman, 70, died at the hospital. Thomas Zimmerman, 76, was pronounced dead at the scene.
All people involved in the crash were reportedly wearing seatbelts. Troopers are still investigating the incident.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- What to expect at an inauguration unlike any other
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- US agency orders Ford to recall 3 million vehicles over air bags
- Cleveland establishes call center for coronavirus vaccine questions
- ‘Will be back in some form’: President Donald Trump, First Lady Melania depart D.C. ahead of inauguration