TALLMADGE, Ohio (WJW) — The Akron Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a traffic crash incident that left one person dead this morning.
A 46-year-old man was driving a car southeast on Southeast Avenue in Tallmadge around 1:05 a.m., when he struck a 44-year-old man who OSHP said was walking “near the center of the roadway.”
The seriously injured man was rushed to Akron City Hospital, but soon died from the trauma after his arrival.
The driver of the car was reportedly not injured in the crash.
OSHP said that alcohol is believed to have been in a factor in the incident.
Tallmadge Police Department and EMS also responded to the scene.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- ‘It’s a miracle’: Man cheats death after falling from second floor of apartment complex
- I-TEAM: Mary Jo Pesho killer tries to appeal for new sentence, gets denied
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Meadows Turkey Bowl continues with tradition of annual football game on Thanksgiving
- Patient hospitalized for COVID-19 plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated