CANTON, Ohio (WJW) — A 4-year-old was injured last night after getting hit by a car, the Canton Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol reported.
Emergency responders were called to the scene where the crash occurred near Wiseland Avenue on 49th Street after 7:30 p.m. last night.
According to troopers, a 57-year-old man was driving an SUV eastbound on 49th Street, when the child, who was riding a bike without a helmet, rolled out into the road from a driveway right in front of the car and was struck.
The child did not have life-threatening injuries, troopers said, but was hurt and sent to Aultman Hospital Pediatric Center by EMS.
The driver of the car was not injured in the crash, but OSHP continues to investigate the incident.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- 14-year-old boy with Asperger syndrome beaten to death
- Watch Live: Orange and Brown digital show assesses Cleveland’s victory over the Bengals, OBJ’s injury
- Ohio surpasses 200,000 coronavirus cases, as 2,116 new cases reported Monday
- ‘This guy is winning’: Tracy McCool offers update as husband’s cancer battle marks two years
- Scientists say ‘strange lights’ over Hawaii were likely a rocket from nearly 12 years ago