NEWBERG, Ore. (WJW) — Two people were arrested after a crash in Oregon when police learned both were driving stolen vehicles.
According to Newberg-Dundee police, officers chased a Toyota Land Cruiser through downtown Newberg, which is located about 20 miles southwest of Portland, Sunday morning after a citizen had reported the vehicle stolen.
The suspect, identified as 27-year-old Randy Lee Cooper, was attempting to elude police when he reportedly crashed into an occupied Buick Regal.
Cooper was arrested and charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, attempting to elude police, assault, reckless driving and other related crimes.
On scene officers learned the driver of the Buick, Kristin Nicole Begue, 25, had been driving under the influence of intoxicants.
Police also discovered Begue was driving a car that had been reported about three weeks prior.
She was arrested and charged with driving under the influence and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES ON FOX8.COM:
- Winds chills in the teens overnight
- Heavy snow damages outdoor seating area at Little Italy restaurant
- Solon tries to provide help during power outages, bitter cold and pandemic
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- City of Cleveland reports 269 more confirmed COVID-19 cases