Oregon State Police say 66-year-old Mark David was archery hunting on private property in Tillamook when he wounded a bull elk, but wasn’t able to find it before dark.
On Sunday morning, David and the landowner searched for the bull and wounded it with a bow when they found it. However, it charged David and gored him in the neck with its antlers.
The landowner tried to help David but he succumbed to his injuries.
The elk was killed and the meat was donated to the Tillamook County Jail following the investigation.
OSP was assisted by the Tillamook County Sheriff’s Office, Tillamook Fire and Rescue and the Tillamook County Medical Examiner.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- 27 missing children recovered by US Marshals operation in Virginia
- Photos: Trick or treat event at Edgewater Park raises money for Littlest Heroes Pediatric Cancer Foundation
- No. 3 Ohio State looks to defeat No. 18 Penn State
- Gov. Cuomo orders all travelers to New York to get tested for coronavirus
- Cleveland Fire to ‘Sound the Alarm’ for safety