ORANGE VILLAGE, Ohio (WJW) – Orange Village firefighter/paramedic and Mayfield Heights Fire Lieutenant Bill Mandich was reunited with a little boy whose life he recently saved.
Lt. Mandich was at a child’s birthday party when he heard screams from the pool area.
According to Orange Village Fire, he found a 3-year-old boy in cardiac arrest after he was face down in a pool.
The child had gray lips and was turning a bluish color.
Mandich administered CPR while telling someone to call 911.
The child was ‘pinking up’ in color when the local rescue squad arrived.
The family of the little boy recently got to meet Mandich in person.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Ohio politicians weigh in on Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation to Supreme Court
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister: ‘My heart is shattered’
- Senate confirms Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court; swearing-in ceremony set for tonight
- 49 new coronavirus cases reported in Cleveland Monday
- I-TEAM: Clearing up mail-in ballot mysteries in Cuyahoga County