NEW WILMINGTON, Ohio (WJW)– In this week’s One Tank Trip, we visit Pennsylvania and our friends at Simple Life Amish Tours for food, furniture and other handmade goods.
If you’re looking to make a few stops on your way to New Wilmington, here are some ideas.
While you’re there:
Corn maze, pumpkin patch, hayrides and fall fun in beautiful Amish country. Open starting Sept. 12.
On the way:
In nearby Sharon, the Buhl Mansion features 10 guestrooms and a spa. It’s also on the National Register of Historic Places.
After buying the Hillcrest Memorial Park in Hermitage, Tom Flynn went to work creating a lasting tribute to America’s veterans. One hundred flags were added on the 100th day of Iranian Hostage Crisis. Flags were hoisted until the crisis ended.
The land also features a Vietnam Veterans Memorial and the War on Terror Memorial project.
Map of more stops:
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- New California law prompted by crash that killed Kobe Bryant
- Week 6 of Friday Night Touchdown: Vote for the game of the week
- Organizers, city leaders focused on safety ahead of Cleveland presidential debate
- Tumbling temps with more rain later in the week