Get up close to the animals at the Akron Zoo. It’s home to 1,000 animals, including endangered Humboldt penguins, snow leopards, Sumatran tigers, jaguars, red pandas and Komodo dragons.
Enjoy the view of this 60-foot waterfall in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. It’s accessed through a boardwalk. Parking near the falls is limited.
Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
The Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad offers trips aboard historic rail cars through the Cuyahoga Valley National Parks. Events range from day trips to wine tastings to the extremely popular Polar Express. Book your tickets early.
Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens
Still in the mood for some history after Hale Farm? Stan Hywet is the next logical stop. The estate features the 65-room manor house and about 70 acres of gardens and landscaped grounds. All tours are currently self-guided.
Szalay’s Farm and Market
Keep the fall feeling going at nearby Szalay’s. Grab some fresh apple cider, take a walk through the 3-acre corn maze and pick up some pumpkins to carve.
Our map of Hale Farm and the extra stops:
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- ‘Nonsensical’: Cleveland Browns player criticizes NFL on vaccine wristbands
- Tipped-over truck on I-77 closes lanes
- Caught on camera: Tornado seen in Northeast Ohio during today’s storms
- Biden calls for $100 payments to newly vaccinated Americans
- Biden announces federal worker vaccine mandate, calls on states to offer $100 for vaccinations