MINERAL CITY, Ohio (WJW)– For this week’s One Tank Trip, we head to Atwood Lake Park in Tuscarawas County for camping, fishing, boating and hiking.
Looking for more? Here are a few extra stops.
On the way:
Explore the historic village of Zoar, learn about life in the 1850s. Shop handmade goods at the Zoar Store or get dinner at the Canal Tavern of Zoar. Tour size and boat capacity will be limited. No hands-on elements during tours.
Broad Run Cheese teamed up with Swiss Heritage Wines for this perfect pairing in nearby Dover. Call ahead for the opportunity to watch award-winning cheesemakers in action.
Located in Beach City, about 15 minutes from Interstate 77, in the restored Gristmill, originally built in 1816. Full of antique glassware, jewelry, furniture and more.
While you’re there:
Forgot supplies for the trip? No problem. In addition to the basics, Kathy’s Camp Store also serves up home-cooked meals, like hamburgers, hot dogs, coneys, subs and pizza.
This lakeside restaurant’s menu features plenty of seafood, in case you weren’t able to reel in the catch of the day on your own. Entertainment on the deck, weather permitting.
Right on the water with a two-level patio, this grill offers classic favorites and flatbread pizzas. Enjoy a drink and the live music.
Check out the map of Atwood Lake Park and surrounding attractions:
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Ohio Investigative Unit cites six businesses for violating coronavirus health orders
- Cleveland police: Woman shot, killed after verbal altercation
- DC shooting leaves 1 dead, at least 20 injured including off-duty police officer
- Ohio coronavirus cases climb over 100,000, health department confirms
- ‘It’s going to work’: DeWine says he is confident in mail-in voting for presidential election