MT. VERNON, Ohio (WJW)– For this week’s One Tank Trip, we took a drive to Ariel-Foundation Park in Knox County for some beautiful scenery, peaceful long walks and expansive biking trails.
Kokosing Gap Trail
The Kokosing Gap Trail is also located in Mt. Vernon. It’s a paved, 14-mile trail built on a former Pennsylvania Railroad line. The trail features a playground, nature center and locomotive caboose.
Honey Run waterfall
Further east in Howard is Honey Run Park. The 2-acre park has a 25-foot waterfall. Across the street, there are 348 acres.
Bridge of Dreams
The Bridge of Dreams spans the Mohican River and was once the longest covered bridge in Ohio at 370 feet. It’s located along the Mohican Valley Trail.
Our map to Ariel-Foundation Park and other stops:
If you’re driving from Cleveland, you may want to check out these other One Tank Trips on the way:
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Hyundai, Kia fined for delaying US engine failure recalls
- Is your Amazon Black Friday purchase a good deal? This tool will tell you if the price has been lower
- Ohio electoral votes certified for President Trump
- Disney to lay off 4,000 more at California, Florida parks
- Brunswick officers honored for saving the life of a man who crashed car during a chase