MT. VERNON, Ohio (WJW)– For this week’s One Tank Trip, we took a drive to Ariel-Foundation Park in Knox County for some beautiful scenery, peaceful long walks and expansive biking trails.
Kokosing Gap Trail
The Kokosing Gap Trail is also located in Mt. Vernon. It’s a paved, 14-mile trail built on a former Pennsylvania Railroad line. The trail features a playground, nature center and locomotive caboose.
Honey Run waterfall
Further east in Howard is Honey Run Park. The 2-acre park has a 25-foot waterfall. Across the street, there are 348 acres.
Bridge of Dreams
The Bridge of Dreams spans the Mohican River and was once the longest covered bridge in Ohio at 370 feet. It’s located along the Mohican Valley Trail.
Our map to Ariel-Foundation Park and other stops:
If you’re driving from Cleveland, you may want to check out these other One Tank Trips on the way:
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- 4-year-old drowns in pool at Akron resident’s home
- Do plexiglass COVID barriers really work, and what will become of them?
- Man jumps into Lake Michigan for 365th straight day to relieve stress
- LIVE: Biden speaks following G-7 Summit in England
- Walk to Remember returns to in-person at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo; Kristi Capel there to greet participants