LAKEWOOD, Ohio (WJW) – Members of the SWAT team with Lakewood police were on the scene at a home on Clifton Blvd. and Belle Ave. Thursday for several hours.
Police were called to the scene around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday for a welfare check.
According to police, officers found a man dead in the front yard when they arrived at the home.
Police say another man barricaded himself inside the home.
Police negotiators finally got the man to surrender just before 5 a.m.
Roads in the area were closed while police were on the scene.
The victim has been identified as 80-year-old Craig Cullen-Terzano of Lakewood.
No law enforcement officers were hurt.
Stay with FOX 8 for more as this story develops.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Robocalls falsely claim polls will be closed in Shaker Heights on Election Day
- Daylight saving: Here’s when you need to set your clocks back
- Tiger at Zoo Knoxville tests positive for coronavirus
- Local mail carrier accused of hiding 335 pieces of mail in trunk of car, including ballot application
- Freebies and deals for Halloween 2020