HOCKING COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) – A Haydenville woman has been arrested in the death of her husband.
Gayle Piatt, 64, went to the Hocking County Sheriff’s Office Sunday and told deputies she had killed her husband, according to a press release.
Gayle said she shot her husband, Homer Piatt, 72, with a small caliber firearm.
Gayle said her husband had many health issues and that he asked her to take his life to end his suffering.
She told deputies that she attempted to kill herself by overdosing on medication following his death but failed.
Gayle Piatt is charged with murder.
The sheriff’s office and the Bureau of Criminal Investigations are investigating the case.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- FDA advisory panel rejects widespread Pfizer booster shots
- Pentagon says August drone strike in Afghanistan that killed 10 including children was ‘tragic mistake’
- ‘I wish I said bye to my dad’: Teen loses mom months after dad, sister die from COVID-19
- Mark your calendar: When you can see Ohio’s fall leaves at their peak
- COVID calculator: Group develops tool to estimate person’s chance of getting virus