HOCKING COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) – A Haydenville woman has been arrested in the death of her husband.
Gayle Piatt, 64, went to the Hocking County Sheriff’s Office Sunday and told deputies she had killed her husband, according to a press release.
Gayle said she shot her husband, Homer Piatt, 72, with a small caliber firearm.
Gayle said her husband had many health issues and that he asked her to take his life to end his suffering.
She told deputies that she attempted to kill herself by overdosing on medication following his death but failed.
Gayle Piatt is charged with murder.
The sheriff’s office and the Bureau of Criminal Investigations are investigating the case.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Windsor Fire Department puts out blaze reportedly started by unattended space heater
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as November comes to a close
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 7,729 additional cases reported, 21 deaths
- I-TEAM: Local agencies involved in murder investigation of woman from Belmont County
- Completed Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump