HOCKING COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) – A Haydenville woman has been arrested in the death of her husband.
Gayle Piatt, 64, went to the Hocking County Sheriff’s Office Sunday and told deputies she had killed her husband, according to a press release.
Gayle said she shot her husband, Homer Piatt, 72, with a small caliber firearm.
Gayle said her husband had many health issues and that he asked her to take his life to end his suffering.
She told deputies that she attempted to kill herself by overdosing on medication following his death but failed.
Gayle Piatt is charged with murder.
The sheriff’s office and the Bureau of Criminal Investigations are investigating the case.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Watch: Video shows local mayor-elect in bar fight
- Ukraine money likely to be delayed until January, Senate Republican says
- Salvation Army in Greater Cleveland reports more families needing Christmas help
- What Coast Guard staffing shortages mean for emergency response on Lake Erie
- New video: Moments before deadly wrong-way crash on I-90