Jenkins told our sister-station, WTRF, the numbers are unclear, and it was a diverse group. “There were graduating seniors from our district and Shadyside and other places.”
“There were underclassmen, and there were those who had graduated several years ago.”
So Bellaire has suspended all extracurricular activities for the time being, and has closed the buildings to everyone.
He says the schools will be deep cleaned and sanitized, and activities will only be resumed when everyone is out of quarantine.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- FBI helping investigate Gina DeJesus carjacking: I-Team
- Feeling lucky? Mega Millions jackpot grows to $430 million
- Fauci says children should still wear masks, hopes for vaccines for kids of any age by year’s end
- Israel threatens Gaza ground invasion despite truce efforts
- Cleveland’s Zach Plesac loses no-hit bid vs. Seattle in 8th