WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WJW) — A pedestrian was struck and killed by a car last night on Interstate 71, Ohio State Highway Patrol report.
State patrol were called to the scene at I-71 milepost 166 in Richland County at 11:57 p.m., along with other first responders.
According to investigators, a 22-year-old man was struck and killed while attempting to cross the road. A 54-year-old man was driving in the middle lane northbound when he hit the pedestrian. The two were found in a berm along the highway.
The driver, who was wearing a seat belt, was not harmed.
The incident is now under investigation. Alcohol or drug usage is not known at this time.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Federal firefighters still battling blaze that could last for days on Naval ship
- Toddler and 43-year-old man found dead in Akron driveway
- ‘Was done to make me look bad’: President Trump criticizes privately built border wall in Texas
- It’s National French Fry Day; here’s where you can get fries for free
- Photo key in search for missing ‘Glee’ actress Naya Rivera