REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio (AP) — A girl in Ohio died when she was shot after a gun discharged in a neighbor’s apartment, police said.
Officers arrived at an apartment in Reynoldsburg on Wednesday night and found Lidia Ghide, 12, suffering from a gunshot wound. She was taken to a hospital, where she died.
Eric Carpenter, 42, was handling a rifle in a neighboring apartment when it fired, police said. The bullet went through the wall and struck the girl.
Carpenter was charged with reckless homicide. It is not known whether he has retained a lawyer.
Read more headlines, below:
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s what is holding up those $1,400 payments
- California lifts virus stay-at-home orders, curfew statewide
- Juvenile arrested in killings of 5, including pregnant woman
- Newsfeed Now: House to deliver articles of impeachment to Senate, Bucs make Super Bowl history
- Senators to introduce bill to raise Ohio minimum wage