A transportation bill signed by Gov. Mike DeWine allows drivers to have rear plates only starting July 1. Commercial tractors must display the license plate on the front of the vehicle.
The Ohio Department of Public Safety reminds drivers that failing to properly display the single license plate is a minor misdemeanor and a strict liability offense.
Several states, including those that border Ohio, do not require a front plate.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Cleveland police investigating off-duty officer-involved shooting on west side
- LIVE: Boaters parade through Lake Erie on 4th of July to show support for President Trump
- I-TEAM: Man shot inside Beachwood Place Mall, police sources say
- Masks are now mandatory at Kalahari Resort in Sandusky
- Cleveland Zoo now requiring masks for all guests