COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW)– The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office seized about 639 pounds of marijuana on Thursday.
Deputies in the special investigations unit also found one kilogram of heroin and about 327 grams of cocaine, according to the sheriff’s office.
Detectives arrested Alberton Garcia, 37, and Nafchesca Rodriguez, 33, for possession of suspected heroin, which is a first-degree felony. The sheriff’s office said more charges are likely.
The estimated value of the confiscated drugs is about $1 million, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office said.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- Chance for showers, cooler temps expected Thursday
- Dr. Birx: In-person learning should be a school-by-school decision
- 12 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Cleveland Wednesday