BRUNSWICK, Ohio (WJW) – The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is investigating a fatal shooting involving officers with the Brunswick Police Department.
According to Brunswick police, officers were called to a home in the 3000 block of Alda Parkway around 11 p.m. on a report of a man with a history of schizophrenia who was threatening his mother with a knife.
When officers arrived at the scene, they attempted to make contact with the residents.
According to a press release from Brunswick, police entered the home and the suspect charged toward officers.
Brunswick police say the suspect was fatally wounded.
He’s been identified as William Sears, 30.
Officers say Sears attacked and killed his mother with a knife.
Her body was found in the home.
She has not been identified, nor have the officers involved.
Stay with FOX 8 for more as this story develops.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Local court avoiding questions on what delayed rape trial: I-Team
- ‘It was eerie’: Video shows moments after plane crashes into Akron parking lot
- Lawmakers concerned over future Supreme Court decisions after Roe reversal
- Subway giving away free subs to celebrate new menu, ordering style
- ‘Lives destroyed’: Illinois rep calls for assault weapons ban after July Fourth shooting