BRUNSWICK, Ohio (WJW) – The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is investigating a fatal shooting involving officers with the Brunswick Police Department.
According to Brunswick police, officers were called to a home in the 3000 block of Alda Parkway around 11 p.m. on a report of a man with a history of schizophrenia who was threatening his mother with a knife.
When officers arrived at the scene, they attempted to make contact with the residents.
According to a press release from Brunswick, police entered the home and the suspect charged toward officers.
Brunswick police say the suspect was fatally wounded.
He’s been identified as William Sears, 30.
Officers say Sears attacked and killed his mother with a knife.
Her body was found in the home.
She has not been identified, nor have the officers involved.
Stay with FOX 8 for more as this story develops.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Florida vs. CDC cruise lawsuit: Court rules in favor of Florida against conditional sail order
- Lochte flops: Olympic career likely over after 7th in 200 IM
- Ryan Crouser goes big, breaks 31-year-old shot put record
- Akron Symphony Orchestra concert moved indoors due to rain in the forecast
- Emergency C-section causes cut to baby’s face requiring 13 stitches: ‘It’s upsetting, she’s not comfortable’