KENT, Ohio (WJW) — A 9-year-old boy helped rescue two teenagers and another child from an apartment fire in Kent on Wednesday.
According to the fire department, the call came in around 11:57 a.m. for an apartment fire in the 500 block of South Water Street.
The fire chief said the boy woke up to find smoke in the kitchen. He then ran to wake up everyone else. They were able to escape and made it downstairs safely.
Their mother, who is the manager of the complex, was on the ground floor at the time.
The fire department says the fire started in the kitchen. The exact cause is under investigation. No injuries were reported.
Stow, Ravenna, Streetsboro and Brimfield Township fire departments assisted on scene.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Lorain police investigating fatal high-speed car crash
- Plane goes down in Avon cornfield after engine goes out
- ‘Blood sugar sisters’: Diabetic basketball players share special bond
- Godiva plans to close 128 chocolate stores across North America due to pandemic slump
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship