KENT, Ohio (WJW) — A 9-year-old boy helped rescue two teenagers and another child from an apartment fire in Kent on Wednesday.
According to the fire department, the call came in around 11:57 a.m. for an apartment fire in the 500 block of South Water Street.
The fire chief said the boy woke up to find smoke in the kitchen. He then ran to wake up everyone else. They were able to escape and made it downstairs safely.
Their mother, who is the manager of the complex, was on the ground floor at the time.
The fire department says the fire started in the kitchen. The exact cause is under investigation. No injuries were reported.
Stow, Ravenna, Streetsboro and Brimfield Township fire departments assisted on scene.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Local officer sues Ohio State Highway Patrol for civil rights violations following arrest
- Weekend forecast: Sunshine and warm temps
- 14-year-old Ohio boy charged with reckless homicide in death of 11-year-old
- Man jams thumb into alligator’s eye to save his dog after hearing ‘death cry’
- FOX 8 gifts Chargers with special Cleveland box after dig at Browns