KENT, Ohio (WJW) — A 9-year-old boy helped rescue two teenagers and another child from an apartment fire in Kent on Wednesday.
According to the fire department, the call came in around 11:57 a.m. for an apartment fire in the 500 block of South Water Street.
The fire chief said the boy woke up to find smoke in the kitchen. He then ran to wake up everyone else. They were able to escape and made it downstairs safely.
Their mother, who is the manager of the complex, was on the ground floor at the time.
The fire department says the fire started in the kitchen. The exact cause is under investigation. No injuries were reported.
Stow, Ravenna, Streetsboro and Brimfield Township fire departments assisted on scene.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Baker and Browns work to regroup after loss to Steelers
- Connecticut couple accused of forcing child to sleep in closet, kneel on tacks, drink hot sauce
- The College of Wooster moves to remote learning following ‘significant’ coronavirus clusters on campus
- $8 billion settlement: OxyContin-maker Purdue Pharma to plead to federal criminal charges in country’s opioid crisis
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections provides update