According to a release from city hall, the Ground Transportation Center will be relocated to a new area helping reduce traffic congestion at the passenger’s drop-off and pick-up locations. It’ll also include these features:
- A new covered waiting area to keep passengers safe from inclement weather
- New LED light and heating system that will keep passengers warm during the colder months of the year
- New wooden benches that are installed both in open and covered areas down each isle.
- Improved safety and efficiencies for the operators and passengers
- Designed to be fully handicapped accessible
The city says the airport plans to continue investing in projects to help the flow of passengers and make it more customer-friendly.