(WJW) — If you are a lover of wine, you don’t have to travel far to enjoy some of the best vino.
Northeast Ohio is home to nine restaurants named on this year’s list of ‘world’s best restaurants for wine.’
The list compiled by Wine Spectator, a leading authority on wine, recognized more than 3,000 restaurants from all 50 states, and more than 70 countries.
“In a time of technological innovation, restaurants offer the human experience diners are hungry for—listening to their customers and offering a personalized experience,” said Marvin R. Shanken, Editor and Publisher of Wine Spectator. “This annual issue celebrates the places where wine is at the top of that conversation. I’m pleased to congratulate all 3,505 restaurants for their dedication to wine and wine-loving diners.”
Awards are assigned on three levels: the Award of Excellence, the Best of Award of Excellence, and the Grand Award.
Here are the dining destinations in Northeast Ohio that made the list:
- Bender’s Tavern: 137 Court Ave. S.W. Canton, Ohio
- Cellar 59 Wine Bar and Wine Shop: 3984 Kent Road, Stow, Ohio
- Cru Uncorked: 34300 Chagrin Blvd. Moreland Hills, Ohio
- Galaxy Restaurant: 201 Park Centre Drive, Wadsworth, Ohio
- Gatsby’s: The Grand Resort, 9519 E. Market Street, Warren, Ohio
- Grapes in a Glass: 575 Market Ave. N. Canton, Ohio
- Marble Room Steaks & Raw Bar: 623 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio
- R. Bistro 83: 36033 Westminister Avenue, North Ridgeville, Ohio
- T. Corleone’s Ristorante and Bar: 5669 Broadview Road, Parma, Ohio
You can find the complete winners list, here.