CLEVELAND (WJW) — If you made plans to go swimming in Lake Erie this weekend, you’ll want to reschedule due to dangerous water conditions.
The National Weather Service issued a beach hazards statement for the following counties: Ashatabula, Lake and Cuyahoga.
It goes into effect Sunday morning and will last until Sunday evening.
Swimmers should not enter the water. A high risk of rip currents is expected.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Winds chills in the teens overnight
- Heavy snow damages outdoor seating area at Little Italy restaurant
- Solon tries to provide help during power outages, bitter cold and pandemic
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- City of Cleveland reports 269 more confirmed COVID-19 cases