**Ohio Gov. DeWine talks about a return to school in the video, above**
Data updated Tuesday by the Cherokee County School District outside Atlanta also shows it has quarantined 42 staff members since the start of the year on Aug. 3. The district serves more than 42,000 students.
A spokeswoman says the district anticipated the possibility of positive tests among students and staff and put a system in place to quickly contact trace and mandate quarantines.
Other Atlanta-area school districts scrapped in-person learning amid a spike in cases of COVID-19 in Georgia.
FOLLOW THE LATEST HEADLINES ON FOX8.COM, BELOW:
- Ohio issues travel advisory for five states due to coronavirus spread
- ‘A bizarre incident’: Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca
- Ohio elections leaders still looking for more than 20-thousand poll workers
- Car crashes into house in Howland, killing man inside
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station