**Ohio Gov. DeWine talks about a return to school in the video, above**
Data updated Tuesday by the Cherokee County School District outside Atlanta also shows it has quarantined 42 staff members since the start of the year on Aug. 3. The district serves more than 42,000 students.
A spokeswoman says the district anticipated the possibility of positive tests among students and staff and put a system in place to quickly contact trace and mandate quarantines.
Other Atlanta-area school districts scrapped in-person learning amid a spike in cases of COVID-19 in Georgia.
FOLLOW THE LATEST HEADLINES ON FOX8.COM, BELOW:
- Winds chills in the teens overnight
- Heavy snow damages outdoor seating area at Little Italy restaurant
- Solon tries to provide help during power outages, bitter cold and pandemic
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- City of Cleveland reports 269 more confirmed COVID-19 cases