There have been 170,179 total confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 in the state since the pandemic began, which includes an addition of 1,430 cases reported today, along with a total of 5,005 deaths (including 6 additional fatalities reported today).
The total number of hospitalizations due to the virus is now 16,442 people. The median age of those Ohioans getting coronavirus is still 40 years old.
About 143,826 people are presumed to have recovered from the illness in the state.
Here are the Ohio counties with the most coronavirus cases:
- Franklin: 29,327
- Cuyahoga: 18,538
- Hamilton: 14,773
- Montgomery: 9,075
- Lucas: 7,793
And here are the Ohio counties with the most coronavirus deaths:
- Cuyahoga: 667
- Franklin: 635
- Lucas: 370
- Hamilton: 337
- Mahoning: 282
Gov. DeWine, seen in the video above imploring the people of Ohio to take the virus seriously, reported the free virus testing sites around Ohio this week:
A Shaker Heights elementary school has also closed after a staff member came down with coronavirus.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- You need up to $15,000 more just to live like you did in 2021, analysis finds
- Updates: What are the Buckeyes chances of making College Football Playoff
- Flacco is Browns 4th QB this year as he faces Rams Sunday
- Couples go viral with ‘wedding content creators’
- Did you know there’s only one ‘town’ in Pennsylvania?