COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW) – The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services reports there were 30,177 new jobless claims across the state last week.
That number is in addition to 263,737 people who remain out of work in the state, according to ODJFS.
ODJFS says it has distributed more than $7.3 billion in unemployment funds over the last 36 weeks.
Of the more than 1 million applications the agency has received, more than 95% have been processed, according to ODJFS.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Watch Live: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine gives update on coronavirus vaccine rollout
- Republicans reintroduce amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress
- Westlake police warn of recent residential burglaries, asking for public’s help
- Senate confirms Antony Blinken as 71st secretary of state
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers