Nationwide, initial claims were 1,106,000.
The total number of initial jobless claims filed in Ohio over the last 22 weeks (1,626,371) is more than the combined total of those filed during the last four years, according to ODJFS.
Nationally, 14.8 million people are currently unemployed.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Fauci answers: Can you have a dinner party if you’re vaccinated?
- Health officials deal with COVID-19 vaccine signup concerns as shots open up to more groups
- Biden involved with Senate Dems to pass $1.9T relief package
- Mississippi governor also lifts mask mandate, limits on restaurant capacity
- Warrant issued for suspected driver in shooting that killed 6-year-old girl