There are a few traffic changes that will take place ahead of that shift.
I-480 eastbound between I-77 and Transportation Blvd. had double lane closures from 8 p.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Saturday, in order to shift eastbound traffic onto the new I-480 Valley View Bridge.
Starting at 6 a.m. Saturday, single-lane closures will be implemented until 6 p.m. as traffic shift operations continue.
Also at 6 a.m. Saturday, I-77 north and southbound exit ramps to I-480 eastbound were closed as well as the I-480 eastbound entrance and exit ramps at Transportation Blvd. They will remain closed until 1 p.m.
All I-480 eastbound traffic will be traveling on the new I-480 Valley View Bridge beginning Sunday. This will continue through Fall 2021 as crews work on the existing I-480 eastbound bridge.
Eastbound traffic will still have access to the I-77 interchange and exit to Transportation Boulevard.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- NewsNation/Emerson poll: Biden has slight lead over President Trump
- Sunny skies stick around for Friday with temps reaching the 80s
- Indians beat Chisox for 4-game sweep, playoff seeds at stake