More charges for Medina man accused of claiming to be boy missing since 2011

News

Brian Rini

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CINCINNATI— An Ohio man accused of claiming to be a missing child from Illinois is facing new charges.

A federal grand jury has indicted 23-year-old Brian Michael Rini, of Medina, Ohio, on two counts of lying to federal agents and one count of aggravated identity theft.

He had been arrested earlier on a single false statement count after DNA testing proved he wasn’t Timmothy Pitzen, who disappeared in 2011 at age 6.

Rini is being held without bond. Arraignment is scheduled Friday. A message seeking comment was left Thursday with his federal public defender.

Police picked up Rini the morning of April 3 on the streets of Newport, Kentucky.

They said that he told them he was Timmothy and that he had escaped two kidnappers after years of sexual abuse.

Continuing coverage of this story here

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral