MERIDIAN, Mississippi (AP) — Authorities in Mississippi found four bodies after a sheriff’s department received calls about people not showing up for work.
WTOK-TV reported that the bodies were found Tuesday in Lauderdale County in east Mississippi.
Three bodies were in one home and one was in another.
Chief Deputy Ward Calhoun says the only person identified as a suspect was involved in a pursuit Tuesday elsewhere in the state and died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot following a crash.
“We are putting it all together and will be for days to come. I would remind the community that family is important and you need to love your family,” Calhoun told WTOK.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Rollercoaster temps on tap for week ahead as cold weather returns
- Police: Mom charged after missing 6-year-old Ohio boy reportedly killed, thrown in river
- Most Ohio school districts will be back to in-person learning Monday
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix in March
- Coronavirus numbers: Cleveland notified of 39 more confirmed cases