KENT, Ohio (WJW) — Kent police have announced that Megan Dye has been safely located.
According to the department, the 17-year-old was reported missing on Wednesday. Her vehicle was discovered in a park unoccupied with her purse and phone inside.
Authorities issued a statewide alert following her disappearance.
“The U.S. Marshal’s Akron office was invaluable in this investigation, and recovered information that led the investigation to Cincinnati, OH on Friday afternoon where Megan Dye was located this evening,” police said in a press release.
She is said to be healthy and is currently reuniting with her family.
No other details about the investigation are being released at this time.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- ‘Little has changed’: Man whose father died in his arms during Dayton shooting still fighting for change one year later
- Drive-Ins RT: BK Rootbeer Drive In
- Drive-Ins RT: African Safari Wildlife Park
- Drive-Ins RT: Aut-O-Rama Drive-In
- August 3, 2020 Road Trip: Drive-Ins